Goal Area 3: Student Life
Goal 1: Grow programs and support systems to serve a diverse and inclusive student body (Advisory System).
- To promote student leadership and encourage peer mentoring.
- Align with Academics, Brand and Enrollment, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Create frameworks to diversify curricula addressing socio-emotional needs.
- Develop a socio-emotional curriculum for all students promoting health, wellness, and balance to foster healthy habits and choices.
- Offer structured outlets for students to discuss issues of diversity and inclusion.
- Increase awareness of and education about responsible social media use.
CARMEL CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL STRATEGIC PLAN 2021 – 2026
Goal 2: Implement a career exploration and college preparation experience that develops and grows over the course of the student experience (Seminar Model).
- To provide students with a four-year path to prepare for postsecondary pursuits.
- Align with Advancement and Academics
- Clearly communicate curriculum and opportunities for students.
- Develop relationships with local business and alumni for career exploration presentations for students.
- Increase college support throughout the search and application process, including a focus on scholarship identification and opportunities.
- Create an internship program for seniors, engaging partnerships with local business and alumni.
Goal 3: Review the daily schedule to ensure that it allows for adequate student choice
- To support students’ full engagement in academic and co-curricular endeavors.
- Align with Academics
- Seek opportunities for more time and accessibility for students to pursue extracurricular and elective course offerings.
- Increase participation in Fine Arts and other elective areas.
Goal 4: Review student outlets and out-of-class programming.
- To ensure adequate opportunities to grow and develop the myriad talents of a diverse student body.
- Align with Academics and Catholic Identity
- Increase athletic opportunities.
- Grow the availability of student-led clubs.
- Recruit students for leadership opportunities.
- Increase opportunities for social outlets.
- Clearly communicate all student opportunities and outlets.