Our girls varsity tennis team won the 2020 Sectional Championship at Vernon Hills on Saturday. Justine Baladad and Reilly McGinn were also first doubles Sectional Champs! Had there been a State Tournament, all six girls would have made it!
Carmel Catholic High School Home
At the sectional tournament on October 12 held at Park Hills Golf Course in Freeport, Clint Bailes '21 shot an 81 for 13th place, Alex Streit '21 had an 83 and Luke Zimmer '22 had an 86. Congratulations on a great season!
Our student-led Power of Praise event was held on Monday evening. It was envisioned and planned by seniors: Bella Jansen, Nia Daniels, Hannah Arends, Izzy Dassow and Maura Green. It included witness talks and praise and worship music and culminated in Adoration and Benediction led by our chaplain Fr. Christian Shiu.
Through our relationship with Youth and Family Counseling of Libertyville, professional counseling services are now available to our students at no cost. A donor has generously offered to cover students' copays or the full cost of an appointment if insurance is not available. When scheduling an appointment, mention you are from Carmel in order to have the cost covered.
Lauren Kelley is the fourth member of the class of 2021 to earn the highest possible ACT composite score of 36, joining William DeKeyser, Kyle Heinz and Matthew Wolf. Less than one-half of one percent of all test takers earn the top score. These students' exceptional scores will provide any college or university with ample evidence of their readiness for the academic rigors that lie ahead.
This November 2020, Carmel Catholic High School will complete construction on our 12,000 sq. ft. fitness center. Not only will our students have access to high-quality cardio and weight training equipment, but they will benefit from our partnership with the Illinois Bone and Joint Institute. IBJI will support CCHS students and athletic teams with certified strength coaches.
National Merit Scholarship Corp. officials recently announced the names of approximately 16,000 semifinalists in the 66th annual National Merit Scholarship Program. Among these students are Carmel Catholic's William De Keyser '21 and Lauren Kelley '21. These academically talented high school seniors have an opportunity to continue in the competition for some 7,600 National Merit Scholarships worth more than $30 million that will be offered next spring. Additionally, seven seniors were named Commended Students.
On September 9, following months of intense planning and construction, Carmel Catholic High School proudly opened its brand-new Kathy A. Nemmers Welcome Center. President Brad Bonham and others from the Carmel team provided a warm reception for Nemmers family members.
Carmel Catholic has been featured as a case study by Veracross, our school information system, for how we simplified workflows for our faculty and central office for cohort learning.
Our prayer wall is located near the Brandsma Chapel and is open for staff, students and visitors to tie their intentions on. Featured in the middle is a Mary the Undoer of Knots photo. When we tie on our intentions, Mary will help us undo the “knots” in our lives.
Time: 10 AM
Our School At A Glance
- Carmel Catholic Community Our welcoming and inclusive community spans nearly six decades and is made up of 1,150 students and more than 16,000 alumni.
- College Preparatory We offer a robust curriculum that prepares students to excel in college. Our College and Career Resource Center provides families with countless resources.
- Mission and Values Above All Building a sense of purpose in our students is at the heart of Carmel Catholic. Our faculty and staff empower students to become servant leaders.
- Embracing Our Catholic Identity We offer daily opportunities for prayer and reflection. Students share their talents with the community through our Christian Service Program.
- Four-Time Blue Ribbon Winner We are one of less than 10 schools nationwide to receive the prestigious Blue Ribbon School Award from the U.S. Department of Education four times.
- Students Are Involved The student experience is enhanced by countless activities both inside and outside the classroom, including fine arts, athletics, fundraisers and social events.