“During the COVID-19 crisis, it is critical we provide every resource available to assist our students in meeting their educational needs.”
God Bless, Dr. Brad Bonham, Ph.D., President
Every May for the past 40 years, Carmel Catholic students have walked as a community for our annual Walkathon. This year, we continued this community event as a virtual walk to raise much-needed emergency relief funds for Carmel Catholic families impacted by COVID-19. With support from our students and sponsors, we were able to raise over $45,000.
With every Walkathon dollar raised, the contributions go directly to a student who needs financial assistance to attend Carmel Catholic. Whether it is an emergency need for this year or next year, we want to make sure that Carmel Catholic is accessible to all. Even under normal circumstances, the students' financial need outweighs our ability to support. Sadly, many families choose not to attend for this very reason. Our need is even greater during this pandemic crisis.
Donations are being accepted through May 22, 2020
In past years, students' efforts have contributed more than $100,000 per year to campus improvement projects for several years, including these recent projects:
- 2020: COVID-19 relief for Carmel Catholic families
- 2019: Auditorium improvements and renovations
- 2018: Design features throughout the school to ensure student safety
- 2017: Two new school minibuses, a Mac lab in the Information Commons, support Business INCubator curriculum
- 2016: Mary of Mount Carmel Prayer Garden
- 2015: Athletic Field Improvements Fund (turf, track, and tennis courts refurbishment)
- 2012-2014: Carmel at The Threshold Campaign (Fine and Performing Arts Center and Information Commons construction)
We are grateful to the Carmel Catholic student body who continue this tradition of giving to the school for the improvement of the campus for current and future Corsairs, and their family and friends who support their fundraising efforts.