Each spring for the past 42 years, Carmel Catholic students have walked as a community for our annual Walkathon. For the first time, this year's Walkathon will be combined with Wellness Day and will be held on Wednesday, April 28 at the University of St. Mary of the Lake/Mundelein Seminary.
The CCHS Walkathon is an annual event where students obtain pledges to walk in an effort to raise funds for projects and programs that directly impact the lives of our students. Past students' efforts have contributed more than $100,000 per year to campus improvement projects and programs:
- 2020: COVID-19 relief for Carmel Catholic families
- 2019: Auditorium improvements and renovations
- 2018: Design features throughout the school to ensure student safety
- 2017: Two new school minibuses, a Mac lab in the Information Commons, Business INCubator support
- 2016: Mary of Mount Carmel Prayer Garden
- 2015: Athletic Field Improvements Fund (turf, track, and tennis courts)
- 2012-2014: Carmel at The Threshold Campaign (Fine and Performing Arts Center and Information Commons construction)
This year the funds raised will go towards renovating the Blessed Titus Brandsma Chapel, specifically the student gathering spaces. We ask that each student obtains at least $75 in pledges.
Wellness Day will provide students the opportunity to engage in activities that promote social, emotional, physical, intellectual, spiritual, and occupational well-being throughout the day. Activities will take place outside in various locations on Carmel’s campus.
We are grateful to the Carmel Catholic student body who continue this tradition of giving to the school for the improvement of the campus for current and future Corsairs, and their family and friends who support their fundraising efforts.