Uniform Dress Code
Students at Carmel Catholic High School are required to be in full dress code during the school day. Students demonstrate our school values of community, reverence and enthusiasm when complying with the Carmel Catholic High School Uniform Dress Code.
- Our uniform is a living symbol of our unity in the Carmel Catholic community, therefore it is important that it is worn with intention and care.
- Reverence for our own personal dignity motivates us to present ourselves in the best possible way. The way we wear our uniform reflects this dignity.
Embracing the Carmel Catholic uniform as an opportunity to demonstrate pride in your school and community makes the value of enthusiasm come to life.
General Uniform Guidelines
Tops and Outerwear
- Carmel standard Lands End Polo or Oxford must always be worn. A solid long or short sleeved t-shirt may be worn underneath a short sleeved polo.
- A Lands End Polo or Oxford dress shirt must be worn underneath approved outerwear and visible at the collar.
- Clothing with hoods (jackets, hoodies) may not be worn.
- Only Carmel branded items from Lands End will be allowed as outer layers over the base layer Carmel polo. This includes full zip, ¼ zip and crew neck fleeces, sweaters, and vests.
Pants/Slacks and Shorts
- Students may wear only traditional, classic cut, or relaxed fit chinos, often referred to as khaki or “dockers-style” with flat or pleated fronts.
- Plain dress khaki shorts (not athletic, cargo, sports, or denim) that reach past mid-thigh may be worn in the months of August, September, and May.
- Jeans, dyed denim, leggings, joggers, leisure/athletic, and cargo pants are not permitted.
- Acceptable colors include solid neutrals, such as black, navy, gray and khaki/tan.
Lands' End Skirts
- Skirt length must be longer than mid-thigh.
- Skirts must be worn at the waist and may not be rolled at the waist.
- Skirts must be from Lands End and contain the Carmel “C” logo stitched by Lands End.
- Leggings and tights may be worn under skirts provided the skirt fits the length requirements.
- Dress shoes and athletic shoes are acceptable as long as they have non-marking soles.
- Shoes must be closed toed and closed heeled and designed for indoor use.
- Socks must be worn.
- Flip flops, sandals, slides, crocs, slippers, and high heels are not permitted during the school day.