Uniform Dress Code
Dress Code for Expanded In-Person Learning
Beginning March 8, 2021, students will return to wearing the basic Carmel uniform with some pandemic modifications.
Bottoms: classic fit dress pants or Lands End uniform skirts longer than mid-thigh (jeans are not permitted).
Tops: Lands End uniform polo, button down, sweaters, or sweatshirts; any Carmel outerwear from the bookstore, student club, activity, or sport. Tops must cover the midriff and undergarments at all times; hoods may not be worn up.
Name tags must be worn at all times. ID cards should be kept in pockets or in book bags for contact tracing at kiosk scans and lunch purchasing.
Shoes must be closed toe and closed heel; socks must be worn. Slippers are not permitted.
Students with classes requiring athletic apparel may wear Carmel Spiritwear sweatpants (not permitted: pajama pants, leggings, or shorts) on the day of the P.E./dance class.
At-home learners should be professional in appearance.
Dress Code for Regular School Year
Carmel Catholic students are expected to be in full dress code during the entire school day. Students demonstrate the values of Community, Reverence, and Enthusiasm when complying with the Carmel Catholic High School Uniform Dress Code:
Our uniform is a living symbol of our unity in this Carmel Catholic Community, therefore it is important that we wear it with intention and care.
Reverence for our own personal dignity motivates us to present ourselves in the best possible way. The way we wear our uniform reflects this dignity.
Embracing the Carmel Catholic uniform as an opportunity to demonstrate pride in your school and community makes the value of Enthusiasm come to life.
General Uniform Guidelines
- Carmel standard Lands End Polo or Oxford worn tucked in all the way around. A solid (unprinted) gray, white, black, or navy long or short sleeved t-shirt may be worn underneath.
- Carmel standard Lands End sweaters, fleece, or crew-neck sweatshirts may be worn as an outerlayer. As of the 2019/2020 school year, Carmel approved outerwear (sold in the bookstore) may also be worn. Uniform shirts must be worn with collar visible and be tucked in underneath an outer layer. Carmel Lands End hoodies may not be worn.
- Tops must cover the midriff and undergarments at all times.
- Non-uniform outerwear including sweatshirts, hoodies, team/club attire is not part of the regular dress code.
- A long Lands End Carmel cardigan sweater with Carmel logo may be worn with pants.
- Students may wear only traditional, classic cut, or relaxed fit chinos, often referred to as khaki or “dockers-style” with flat or pleated fronts. Lands End pants are acceptable, but not required.
- Skinny pants, jeans, dyed denim, leggings, cargo pants, and capris are not permitted.
- Pants must not have rivets.
- Acceptable colors include black, navy, grey and khaki/tan.
- Pants must be worn at the waist and must extend to the ankles. Pants may not be rolled up.
- Pants must cover the midriff and undergarments at all times.
- Pants do not need to contain the Carmel “C” logo.
- Skirts must be longer than mid-thigh.
- Skirts may not be rolled at the waist.
- Skirts must be from Lands End and contain the Carmel “C” logo stitched by Lands End.
- Lands End Carmel polo or oxford shirts must be tucked into the skirt all the way around.
- Leggings and tights may be worn under skirts as long as the skirt fits the length requirements.
- Dress shoes and athletic shoes are acceptable as long as they have non-marking soles.
- Shoes must be closed toed and closed heeled and designed for indoor use.
- Socks must be worn.
- Flip flops, crocs, slippers, and high heels are not permitted during the school day.
- Any shoes/boots deemed inappropriate, unsafe, damaging/scuffing, or extreme by the Deans are not permitted. Pants may not be tucked into shoes/boots.
- Each student is expected to wear their own Carmel issued nametag at all times during the school day, without exception.
- The name tag should be worn, free from decoration or alteration, above the Carmel logo on the outer layer.
- Replacements for lost/missing/misplaced name tags are available in the bookstore for a cost of $5. If funds are not immediately available a parent will be called for credit card information. A temporary name tag will be issued while a new one is being printed.
- Each student is expected to carry their own current Carmel ID card at all times during the school day, without exception and at all on or off-campus Carmel events.
Carmel Catholic Uniform Resale Shop
See Mrs. Pucci in the bookstore to inquire about the selection in the Uniform Resale Shop. Please donate your retired uniform items to the Carmel Catholic Bookstore.
Uniform ordering information is provided for families on their portal. Questions may be directed to Ms. Laskonis, Dean of Students, email@example.com.