Strategic Plan 2021-2026
Driven to enrich the student experience at Carmel Catholic High School, the 2021-2026 Strategic Plan is:
- Inspired by the tenets of our Catholic faith.
- Designed in pursuit of academic excellence.
- Achieved in an environment supportive of developing the whole student.
- Centered on the principles that unite us in community, celebrating and respecting the individual gifts and experiences of every member.
- Supported by foundational efforts to invite a broad base of constituents to engage in the Carmel community throughout their lifetime.
Inspired by the tenets of our Catholic faith
- Develop and implement a four-year comprehensive retreat program.
- Revise and expand the current program for Christian Service.
- Integrate the charisms and core values of the founders (Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Order of the Carmelites) into existing structures and programming.
Designed in pursuit of academic excellence
- Review and enhance academic curriculum, course offerings and flexibility to assure CCHS curriculum remains relevant, effective and leading.
- Assure curriculum content enhances proficiency in reading, writing, critical thinking, speaking, and emotional intelligence.
- Develop individualized pathways for students engaging in an environment mindful of the appropriate developmental demands and challenges facing students.
- Proactively increase the support oriented toward the mental, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual health of our students and faculty.
Achieved in an environment supportive of developing the whole student
- Grow programs and support systems to serve a diverse and inclusive student body (Advisory System).
- Implement a career exploration and college preparation experience that develops and grows over the course of the student experience (Seminar Model).
- Review the daily schedule to ensure that it allows for adequate student choice and personalization.
- Review student outlets and out-of-class programming.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Centered on the principles that unite us in community, celebrating and respecting the individual gifts and experiences of every member
- Design a business model (BM) that embeds and institutionalizes the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) strategy in Carmel’s comprehensive strategic plan.
- Establish DEI advisory feedback committees for Carmel stakeholders (e.g., students, alumni, parents, vendors, funders) and student support groups for underrepresented student populations (e.g., Black, LatinX, LGBTQ).
- Enhance Carmel’s curriculum to integrate diverse groups and marginalized communities in the curriculum.
- Establish frameworks, community engagement processes, and data collection tools to evaluate the efficacy of Carmel’s DEI policy and procedure practices.
- Invest in the professional development of faculty, Board, and staff, focusing on in-house in-service peer-facilitated workshops.
- Develop and implement a crisis communication plan.
- Increase advancement revenue and donor engagement.
- Strengthen engagement and community outreach.
- Create a cultivation strategy for giving.
- Increase volunteerism for alumni and parents.
Brand & Enrollment
Supported by foundational efforts to invite a broad base of constituents
- Increase brand awareness
- Develop a strategic lifecycle engagement plan for Carmel families.
- Expand channels of entry to Carmel
- Create and research capital improvements for the Carmel campus.
- Explore opportunities to create a program that would expand the Catholic high school student experience for students with special needs.