Members of our school's founding orders, the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Order of Carmelites, have given centuries of service to those in need through the imitation of Christ and his Blessed Mother, Mary. Our students continue this tradition with acts of service in a wide variety of settings so that the love and compassion of Christ may transform our world today.
Goal of the Christian Service Program
Carmel Catholic High School’s mission statement calls our students to be servant leaders centered in Jesus Christ. Therefore, the goal of the Chrisitan Service program will be to enable our students to become an incarnation of Christ in the world today – to be Christ’s hands and feet – bringing their individual experiences and God-given gifts to those they serve in order to impact our world for the greater good. The Christian Service program, by creating opportunities where students can encounter and identify with people unlike themselves through service activities and meaningful reflection, will help students deepen their own religious and moral identity, develop a habit of mind committed to the common good, and identify with the solidarity of Christ, who was one with others.
Christian Service Hour Requirement
- Freshman year - 20 hours
- Sophomore year - 20 hours
- Junior year - 20 hours
- Senior year - 20 hours
Although a yearly requirement, it is expected that students engage in service each semester, ideally completing 10 hours each semester. The required number of service hours must be completed every academic year.
Categories below are a recommended target for each grade level.
Incoming and Transfer Students
- Incoming freshmen students can begin working on Christian Service over the summer after their 8th-grade graduation.
- Incoming transfer students can begin after the last date at their former school. Students who transfer in at the semester will still be required to complete the full number of service hours.
- Incoming students are asked to log their Christian Service hours manually until they are able to create a MobileServe account.
- New student training and initial login to MobileServe will occur in the fall.