Corey is a male Goldendoodle who will be serving up some big snuggles and kisses as he welcomes and comforts students at Carmel Catholic in his role as a therapy dog. Corey is currently in training and will by next school year be a certified therapy dog. This spring, he will be present on campus as he learns and adapts to being in a school environment. You'll catch him most days with Principal Jason Huther or with our Student Services team.
Carmel Catholic High School Home
Get your tickets for your chance to win big AND support the students of Carmel Catholic High School.
On April 27, Carmel’s Advice Beyond the Classroom (ABC) team comprised of Ryan Hogan, Spiros Pissios, Mario Durnil, Nicholas Kolesar, and Giselle Young, went to UBS Tower to compete at the ABC state event. After presenting in front of the entire ABC organization, guest speakers, and the judges, Carmel’s team won, making them the state champions.
Congratulations to our National Merit Scholars, Victoria Nagode and Isabella Pagano!
On April 30, Girls Basketball Coach Ben Berg was honored as an Illinois Basketball Coaches Association Coach of the Year for his efforts in leading the Corsairs to the 2022 IHSA 3A State Title!
Students from Carmel Catholic High School and Prince of Peace Catholic School are working together in The American Rocketry Challenge.
On Saturday, April 23, Carmel Catholic hosted the first-ever Lake County Diversity and Equity Symposium. Students and educators from across Lake County were invited to add their voices to this collective understanding of equity and justice in our schools. This event was funded by a JPIC Human Development Fund from the Carmelite JPIC Commission.
During Thursday's Stations of the Cross, senior Maddie Zitella gave a powerful reflection of the eighth station about seeing Christ in those in need. We invite you to take a read.
The mental health and wellness of children and teenagers have been at the forefront of headlines since shortly after the onset of Covid-19 two years ago and continues to worsen. But ever since students were forced to learn remotely, members of the Carmel Catholic High School Orchesis dance program have been leading health and wellness outreach programs with grade and middle schoolers via Zoom, and now in-person.
The new Stations of the Cross and the custom-designed murals have been hung in the Blessed Titus Brandsma Chapel. These works of art adorn the walls with a beauty that reveals deep truths of our faith and stories of the Carmel Catholic High School legacy.
Time: 6 PM
Location: Fine Arts Wing
Time: 6:30 PM
Location: Kathy A. Nemmers Welcome Center
Time: 7:15 AM
Location: Brandsma Chapel
Time: 3:15 PM
Location: Brandsma Chapel
Location: Glen Flora Country Club
Our School At A Glance
- Carmel Catholic Community Our welcoming and inclusive community spans nearly six decades and is made up of 1,150 students and more than 16,000 alumni.
- College Preparatory We offer a robust curriculum that prepares students to excel in college. Our College and Career Resource Center provides families with countless resources.
- Mission and Values Above All Building a sense of purpose in our students is at the heart of Carmel Catholic. Our faculty and staff empower students to become servant leaders.
- Embracing Our Catholic Identity We offer daily opportunities for prayer and reflection. Students share their talents with the community through our Christian Service Program.
- A Five-time National Blue Ribbon School Having earned this award on five occasions, Carmel Catholic provides students with the academic rigor, artistic exploration, and spiritual enrichment to prepare graduates for college, and beyond.
- Students Are Involved The student experience is enhanced by countless activities both inside and outside the classroom, including fine arts, athletics, fundraisers and social events.