MAKE-UP ENTRANCE EXAM
Carmel Catholic High School invites you to begin the process of enrolling your future Corsair into the class of 2024. Although the initial Entrance Exam date has passed, Carmel Catholic is offering multiple opportunities for students to take a make-up entrance exam.
If your 8th-grade student did not attend the entrance exam at Carmel Catholic High School (or at any other Catholic high school in the Archdiocese of Chicago) on December 7, we are offering make-up exam opportunities by appointment. Please read the information below carefully for details regarding the Entrance Exam and the application process.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE MAKE-UP ENTRANCE EXAM
DATE(S): Weekdays by appointment
TIME: 8:30 - 11:30 am
LOCATION: Carmel Catholic High School
WHO: Students who have not tested at any other Catholic high school in the Archdiocese of Chicago are eligible to participate in the Carmel Catholic make-up exam.
- PRE-REGISTRATION - You will need to pre-register for a make-up exam.
- EXAM SUPPLIES - Please have your student bring several No. 2 pencils, a light snack and water bottle. Calculators may NOT be used during the exam.
- EXAM FEE OF $25 - Students will pay the exam fee during the check-in process. Please make checks payable to Carmel Catholic High School. The Entrance Exam cannot be processed without the $25 payment. Exam results, along with letters of acceptance for students who have paid the exam fee, will be mailed in January.
- TYPE OF EXAM - The Entrance Exam offered at Carmel Catholic is the High School Placement Test (HSPT). The results of this assessment provide us with information to initially place incoming freshman students into course levels. Our goal is for each student to be placed where he/she can grow without being overwhelmed. With this ideal learning placement in mind, we encourage students to take the assessment without additional preparation beyond their current school experience.
- EXAM ACCOMMODATIONS - If additional exam accommodations identified in an active IEP, ICEP, 504, or ISP are needed, please immediately contact our Admissions Office at 847-388-3418 to make arrangements.
- JUNIOR HIGH RECORD SUBMISSION - Below you will find the “Authorization to Release/Exchange Confidential Information” form. By signing and submitting this form to your student’s grade/junior high school, you are directing them to release records that are necessary for your student’s application file. Please complete and submit this form to your student’s school as soon as possible.
- ENTRANCE EXAM MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS - Carmel Catholic has expanded the scope of merit scholarships to recognize the top 10% of entrance exam scorers by providing four-year renewable scholarships. Students are eligible for this award if they achieve a composite score in the top 10 percentile nationally on the HSPT AND submit an application for admission prior to Monday, February 3, 2020.
- 97-99th percentile: $2,500 per year
- 94-96th percentile: $1,500 per year
- 90-93rd percentile: $1,000 per year
Once the Entrance Exam is taken, students who want to be considered for admission must submit a formal application to Carmel Catholic High School. Applications can be submitted online at www.carmelhs.org/apply/ or by hard copy. Please email email@example.com if you need assistance with completing the online application.
On behalf of the Carmel Catholic community, we look forward to welcoming your student at the class of 2024 Entrance Exam.
For more information, please contact the Admissions Office at 847-388-3418, 847-388-3382 (Español) or firstname.lastname@example.org.