Carmel Catholic Bus Routes
Carmel Catholic offers a comprehensive, subsidized transportation plan for students, which includes morning pick-up and afternoon drop off in the following communities:
- Bus 1
- Transfiguration Church/Frassati Academy (Wauconda)
- St. Mary of the Annunciation, Fremont (Mundelein Township)
- Santa Maria del Popolo (east lot)
- Bus 2
- Barrington Train Station, Union Pacific Northwest Line (Barrington)
- St. Francis (Lake Zurich)
- Bus 3
- St. Raphael Church (Antioch)
- Prince of Peace (Lake Villa)
- St. Bede Catholic Church (Ingleside)
- Bus 4
- Our Lady of Humility (Beach Park)
- St. Patrick Church (Wadsworth)
- St. Paul the Apostle Church (Gurnee)
- Bus 5
- St. Anastasia (Waukegan)
- LEARN 10 (North Chicago)
- West Lake Forest Metra (Lake Forest)
- Mil'ton Apartments (Vernon Hills)
Routes are reversed in the afternoon. All routes are subject to subscription and a minimal participation fee. Exact pick-up/drop off locations and route times will be determined after the subscription deadline. If you have different pick-up and drop off locations please register for one and contact Jeff Ptacek, email@example.com to discuss what accommodations can be made.
Cost for Year-Long Round Trip Service
- $550 (Early Registration before May 17, 2019)
- $650 (After May 17, 2019)
The Mundelein bus routes will bring students to the west side of Mundelein High School. The shuttle bus will stay until 7:30 a.m. when it will leave for Carmel. In the afternoon, the shuttle will pick up at the Salvi Arena at 3:05 p.m. and will take the students back to Mundelein High School for their afternoon routes. Learn more at d120.org.
- Location – Santa Maria del Popolo Parish parking lot off of Seymour Avenue in Mundelein (not the Mundelein Metra Station
- $100 – reserves a spot on school days for the remainder of the first semester, through final exams. Shuttle bus transportation is included in this cost.
- $200 – reserves a spot on school days for the remainder of the school year, through final exams. Shuttle bus transportation is included in this cost.
- Shuttle bus transportation – The shuttle bus will pick up at 7:35 am at the East Santa Maria Parking Lot. In the afternoon the first run to Santa Maria will be at 3:15 pm. The bus will return to CCHS for the 2nd run at 3:45 pm to Santa Maria and then the other stops on the route.
- Parking at Santa Maria del Popolo will begin on September 25, 2019.
PACE and Metra Transportation
Students residing in the Fox Lake, Ingleside, Round Lake, Highland Park and Deerfield areas have several options in regard to public transportation. They may take the Metra Milwaukee District North line from their community train station to Libertyville and then transfer to PACE Route 574 to come to Carmel.
Students residing in the Antioch, Lake Villa, Round Lake Beach, Prairie Crossing and Libertyville areas may take the Metra North Central Service line to the Mundelein station and either walk, use PACE route 574, or use the van shuttle service to get to Carmel.
Pace transportation is available from the following communities:
Fox Lake, Grayslake, Gurnee, Hainesville, Libertyville, Mundelein, North Chicago, Round Lake Beach, Round Lake, Waukegan and Zion.
If you are using PACE during the school special runs, you will be using strictly Route 572. For other times during the day, Route 572 goes from the Waukegan Metra Station to College of Lake County and Route 574 goes from College of Lake County to Carmel.
For information regarding PACE, please call 847-364-7223 for information or visit their web site at pacebus.com. For information regarding Metra train schedules, please call 312-322-6777 or visit their web site at metrarail.com.
If you have any questions about any of these options, please contact Jeff Ptacek, Director of Transportation at 847-388-3478 or firstname.lastname@example.org.