Catholic Education Partners
In the spring of 2018, Carmel Catholic High School established a strategic relationship with several Catholic elementary and middle schools in Lake County, Illinois. The purpose and the vision behind this partnership is to foster and cultivate a strong, rich, and supportive K-12 Catholic education experience for students and families. This working relationship is an extension of our belief in providing a robust and outstanding Catholic education in a Christ-centered environment. Our hope is to continue this relationship now and into the future.
Participating Catholic Grade Schools (2019-20 School Year)
- Holy Family Catholic Academy, Inverness
- St. Gilbert, Grayslake
- St. Joseph School, Libertyville
- St. Mary School, Buffalo Grove
- Frassati Catholic Academy, Wauconda
- Our Lady of Humility, Beach Park
- St. Patrick, Wadsworth
- St. Francis de Sales, Lake Zurich
- Prince of Peace, Lake Villa
- St. Anastasia, Waukegan
- St. Bede, Ingleside
- Most Blessed Trinity, Waukegan
- East Lake Academy, Lake Forest
- St. Thomas of Villanova, Palatine
Tuition Assistance for Families of School Employees
We have worked together to negotiate a reciprocal agreement which will assist families that work within Catholic schools by providing tuition assistance. Please contact your student's school for specific information.
Tuition-Free, High School Credit Academic Courses
Carmel Catholic and our partner schools have a mutual commitment to rigorous and challenging academics. Carmel Catholic offers to current middle school students two tuition-free high school credit academic courses.
- Introductory Engineering Course: students in grades 7 and 8 are eligible to enroll in the introductory high school Engineering course (year 1 of the three-year program). Upon successful completion of the course, grades will be posted on the student's Carmel Catholic high school transcript. Two sections will be made available with priority given to 8th grade students. There will be no tuition fee for this course. There will be a nominal fee for materials.
- Accelerated Math Course: students in grades 7 and 8 are eligible to apply for an accelerated Algebra 1 Honors course at Carmel Catholic High School. This for credit course is offered at no cost to students enrolled at any one of our partner schools.
- Latin Course: students in grades 7 and 8 will learn Latin which in turn bolsters their English vocabulary, grammar and reading comprehension skills. Successful completion of the course will fulfill one year of the Carmel Catholic world language requirement.
Athletic Summer Camps Offered Free of Charge
Understanding that athletics and extracurricular activities are an important part of the social and psychological development of our children, Carmel Catholic has agreed to offer 6th, 7th and 8th grade students enrolled at partner schools one free summer sports camp. Various sports camp offerings can be found below. Register at carmelhs.org/summer.
- Boys/Girls Basketball
- Boys/Girls Cross Country
- Boys/Girls Soccer
- Boys/Girls Tennis
- Boys/Girls Volleyball
- Boys/Girls Jump Camp – Track
7th Grade High School Discovery Program
Partner schools and Carmel Catholic have agreed to a 7th grade class high school discovery program. Knowing that the transition from grade school to high school can be a very anxious and exciting period, Carmel Catholic will offer a fun and entertaining program, which will assist in this transition.This 2 ½ hour program will allow students the opportunity to meet high school students and ask questions related to high school transition, meet coaches and faculty, and experience the high school setting in a comfortable, fun and safe environment. Students will be given helpful tools for the start of their high school career. All this is done within the context of a Catholic high school environment. This visit takes place in the spring.
Faculty Professional Development and Information Sharing
Carmel Catholic and the partner schools will work collaboratively in faculty professional development, information sharing, and assisting one another to strengthen our Catholic bonds. This agreement will enhance the quality of our Catholic education and assist in developing a strong and lasting relationship with our Catholic educational partners.