Catholic Education Partners
In the spring of 2018, Carmel Catholic High School established a strategic relationship with several Catholic elementary and middle schools in Lake and Cook counties. The purpose behind this partnership is to foster and cultivate a strong, rich, and supportive K-12 Catholic education experience for students and families. This working relationship is an extension of our belief in providing a robust and outstanding Catholic education in a Christ-centered environment.
Participating Catholic Grade Schools
- Holy Family Catholic Academy, Inverness
- St. Gilbert, Grayslake
- St. Joseph School, Libertyville
- St. Mary School, Buffalo Grove
- Frassati Catholic Academy, Wauconda
- Our Lady of Humility, Beach Park
- St. Patrick, Wadsworth
- St. Francis de Sales, Lake Zurich
- Prince of Peace, Lake Villa
- St. Anastasia, Waukegan
- St. Bede, Ingleside
- Most Blessed Trinity, Waukegan
- East Lake Academy, Lake Forest
- St. Thomas of Villanova, Palatine
Tuition Assistance for Families of School Employees
We have worked together to negotiate a reciprocal agreement that will assist families that work within Catholic schools by providing tuition assistance. Please contact your student's school for specific information.
Tuition-Free, High School Credit Academic Courses 2020-2021
Carmel Catholic and our partner schools have a mutual commitment to rigorous and challenging academics. Carmel Catholic offers current middle school students at our partner schools certain tuition-free high school credit academic courses.
- Introductory Engineering Course: students in grades 7 and 8 are eligible to enroll in our free Intro to Engineering course in which students can receive Carmel Catholic High School credit for completing the course. The course will run through the 2020-21 fall and spring semesters with students having the option to choose between two sessions. View course flyer below for more details.
- Accelerated Math Courses: students in grades 7 and 8 are eligible to apply for one of three accelerated math courses available, including Algebra 1 Honors, Geometry Honors or Algebra II Honors. Students can receive Carmel Catholic High School credit for completing the course. The courses will run through the 2020-21 fall and spring semesters with courses taking place on Tuesday and Thursdays. View course flyer below for more details.
Free Athletic Summer Camps 2020
Understanding that athletics and extracurricular activities are an important part of the social and psychological development of our children, Carmel Catholic has agreed to offer students entering 6th, 7th and 8th grade who are currently enrolled at our partner schools one free summer sports camp. A list of available free camps can be found below.
At this time, athletic camp registration will open at a later date TBD. Camp dates and times are subject to change.
Please note: The camps listed above are offered to students outside the grade range of 6-8. Anyone within the stated grade range can sign up. Only students entering grades 6-8 from our partner schools are eligible for a free camp. Additional paid camps can be found at carmelhs.org/summer/.
7th Grade High School Discovery Program
Partner schools and Carmel Catholic have agreed to a 7th grade class high school discovery program. Knowing that the transition from grade school to high school can be a very anxious and exciting period, Carmel Catholic will offer a fun and entertaining program, which will assist in this transition.This 2 ½ hour program will allow students the opportunity to meet high school students and ask questions related to high school transition, meet coaches and faculty, and experience the high school setting in a comfortable, fun and safe environment. Students will be given helpful tools for the start of their high school career. All this is done within the context of a Catholic high school environment. This visit takes place in the spring.
Faculty Professional Development and Information Sharing
Carmel Catholic and the partner schools will work collaboratively in faculty professional development, information sharing, and assisting one another to strengthen our Catholic bonds. This agreement will enhance the quality of our Catholic education and assist in developing a strong and lasting relationship with our Catholic educational partners.