National Merit Scholarship Corp. officials recently announced the names of approximately 16,000 semifinalists in the 66th annual National Merit Scholarship Program. Among these students are Carmel Catholic's William De Keyser '21 and Lauren Kelley '21. These academically talented high school seniors have an opportunity to continue in the competition for some 7,600 National Merit Scholarships worth more than $30 million that will be offered next spring.
Carmel Catholic High School Home
On September 9, following months of intense planning and construction, Carmel Catholic High School proudly opened its brand-new Kathy A. Nemmers Welcome Center. President Brad Bonham and others from the Carmel team provided a warm reception for Nemmers family members.
Carmel Catholic has been featured as a case study by Veracross, our school information system, for how we simplified workflows for our faculty and central office for cohort learning.
Our prayer wall is located near the Brandsma Chapel and is open for staff, students and visitors to tie their intentions on. Featured in the middle is a Mary the Undoer of Knots photo. When we tie on our intentions, Mary will help us undo the “knots” in our lives.
COMPASS is our community magazine. This magazine was created to share the accomplishments of our whole Corsair family, including students, alumni and faculty/staff.
The Carmel Catholic graduating class of 2020 is a talented group of young men and women ready for leadership and service. Our seniors are passionate, funny, intelligent, mature and empathetic. We could not have asked for a better group of seniors. To the Carmel Catholic graduating class of 2020 - we are proud of you!
In these recent days deep listening, discernment, and educating ourselves about the injustices towards the black community have been paramount. As we prayerfully take action towards creating meaningful change we keep at the forefront of our mind the charisms given to us by our founders, The Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Order of the Carmelites. Please take a moment to review their statements.
The online gallery features 500 pieces from Intro to Art, Art I, Ceramics & Sculpture, Graphic Design, Photography, Open Studio and AP Studio courses. Also a brand new feature, 3 Stars Design Co.'s Spring 2020 product line is available in an online shop. Take time to view the work of our students who faced a unique semester of solo artmaking at home.
For the past several weeks, the Fine Arts YouTube channel has highlighted performances by several of our talented seniors. The last Senior Spotlight of the school year will air on Friday, June 12 at 7 pm. Check out the impressive performances and support our students!
Carmel students, spearheaded by Reilly McGinn '21, collected 755 pounds of food to donate to Blessings in a Backpack, a non-profit organization that feeds school children in the United States who currently are fed during the week on the federally funded Free and Reduced Meal Program and are at risk of going hungry on the weekends. Reilly arranged to have food collection boxes placed inside door A during the week of June 1-5 as students cleaned out their lockers and then delivered the donations to a local Blessings in a Backpack packing site.
Our School At A Glance
- Carmel Catholic Community Our welcoming and inclusive community spans nearly six decades and is made up of 1,150 students and more than 16,000 alumni.
- College Preparatory We offer a robust curriculum that prepares students to excel in college. Our College and Career Resource Center provides families with countless resources.
- Mission and Values Above All Building a sense of purpose in our students is at the heart of Carmel Catholic. Our faculty and staff empower students to become servant leaders.
- Embracing Our Catholic Identity We offer daily opportunities for prayer and reflection. Students share their talents with the community through our Christian Service Program.
- Four-Time Blue Ribbon Winner We are one of less than 10 schools nationwide to receive the prestigious Blue Ribbon School Award from the U.S. Department of Education four times.
- Students Are Involved The student experience is enhanced by countless activities both inside and outside the classroom, including fine arts, athletics, fundraisers and social events.