Carmel Catholic's reopening plan for the 2020/2021 school year is now available. Please review the document carefully and know that more details are yet to come.
Carmel Catholic High School Home
In these recent days deep listening, discernment, and educating ourselves about the injustices towards the black community have been paramount. As we prayerfully take action towards creating meaningful change we keep at the forefront of our mind the charisms given to us by our founders, The Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Order of the Carmelites. Please take a moment to review their statements.
The online gallery features 500 pieces from Intro to Art, Art I, Ceramics & Sculpture, Graphic Design, Photography, Open Studio and AP Studio courses. Also a brand new feature, 3 Stars Design Co.'s Spring 2020 product line is available in an online shop. Take time to view the work of our students who faced a unique semester of solo artmaking at home.
For the past several weeks, the Fine Arts YouTube channel has highlighted performances by several of our talented seniors. The last Senior Spotlight of the school year will air on Friday, June 12 at 7 pm. Check out the impressive performances and support our students!
Carmel students, spearheaded by Reilly McGinn '21, collected 755 pounds of food to donate to Blessings in a Backpack, a non-profit organization that feeds school children in the United States who currently are fed during the week on the federally funded Free and Reduced Meal Program and are at risk of going hungry on the weekends. Reilly arranged to have food collection boxes placed inside door A during the week of June 1-5 as students cleaned out their lockers and then delivered the donations to a local Blessings in a Backpack packing site.
The heart of the Carmel Catholic High School community is breaking over the injustice and tragedy of the death of George Floyd. We stand united with those who are in pain, crying for justice and peace. We seek a world where all people are treated with dignity and respect. Witnessing the pain in our communities and across our nation, we must do more to eradicate the sin of racism from our hearts and our country. We must pray, educate, and act.
After Carmel Catholic's 14-member Academic Challenge in Engineering and Science (ACES) team placed second overall at the March 13 sectional competition, the team advanced to the state competition, held virtually May 18-22. Six members of Carmel's team, Viola Zhao '21, Bruce Pan '21, Will DeKeyser '21, Andréa Jané '21, Ezzie Posner '20, and Ashley Phoenix '21 participated in the state competition. Carmel juniors Bruce Pan and Will DeKeyser won first place in three of the seven topics, the school's best-ever result from the competition.
BELONG, the Photography 3 Honors' community portrait series debuted on Instagram on May 13. Check out @cchsphotodesign for daily posts of our students and faculty who participated in the international photography project.
After their March 13 sectional competition was delayed and then shifted to online, Carmel's Academic Challenge team placed second overall to advance to the state competition, held virtually May 18-22.
Students are continuing to serve others through Christian Service during this stay at home time.
Our School At A Glance
- Carmel Catholic Community Our welcoming and inclusive community spans nearly six decades and is made up of 1,150 students and more than 16,000 alumni.
- College Preparatory We offer a robust curriculum that prepares students to excel in college. Our College and Career Resource Center provides families with countless resources.
- Mission and Values Above All Building a sense of purpose in our students is at the heart of Carmel Catholic. Our faculty and staff empower students to become servant leaders.
- Embracing Our Catholic Identity We offer daily opportunities for prayer and reflection. Students share their talents with the community through our Christian Service Program.
- Four-Time Blue Ribbon Winner We are one of less than 10 schools nationwide to receive the prestigious Blue Ribbon School Award from the U.S. Department of Education four times.
- Students Are Involved The student experience is enhanced by countless activities both inside and outside the classroom, including fine arts, athletics, fundraisers and social events.