Join us to be inspired, to grow in faith and to encounter Christ. All speaker events are free of charge, open to the public and held at Carmel Catholic High School. The series includes 'An Evening with Fr. John Kartje', Rector of Mundelein Seminary, Interviewed by Jason Huther, Principal of Carmel Catholic High School; 'Broken Mary' presented by renowned radio personality Kevin Matthews; Jen Kramer '88 and the 'Year of Love' Project; 'Open Line', Questions of the Faith with Mr. Mark Plaiss and CCHS Theology Faculty.
Carmel Catholic High School Home
Fr. Radley Alcantara, Associate Pastor at St. Anastasia Parish in Waukegan and Fr. Christian Shiu, Associate Pastor at St. Gilbert Parish in Grayslake will begin serving at Carmel in early September. They will each be on campus to minister to students as well as adults on a part-time basis. Both are excited to be a part of the community!
Rebecca Zurek won her second National Association of Rocketry title, at the NARAM event, held at the International Aeromodeling Center, in Muncie Indiana, in early August.
Carmel Catholic High School joins the growing community of schools offering a free transportation platform of a website and mobile app to organize and plan carpools to and from school.
Carmel Catholic is moving forward with some of the most sweeping changes in the school’s history. Expansion and refinement of several academic programs, design and implementation of a modern classroom aesthetic, and completion of key projects already in the works, characterize the initiative which is slated to be in place by Fall 2021.
Terri Brinkman '20 was recently honored by Congressman Brad Schneider for being part of his inaugural class of STEM scholars. Congressman Schneider selected local high school students that are STEM leaders in their school to represent his Illinois tenth district for the 2018-2019 school year.
A fourth student has earned the highest possible ACT composite score of 36 this past school year. Over the past several months, it has been announced that Ainsley Dean '20, Benjamin Geoffroy ' 20, a third student who wishes to remain anonymous, and now Madeline Kosobucki '20, have all received a top score on their ACT.
Carmel Catholic's World Champion N.Y.A.N. Robotics team was recognized by the mayor of Mundelein on Monday, June 24 for winning the 2019 FIRST Tech Challenge Championship. "N.Y.A.N. Robotics was the first team in the State of Illinois to win the FIRST Tech Challenge Championship, and the team’s performance reflects highly upon its members, Carmel Catholic High School, the Village of Mundelein, and the State of Illinois," read the mayoral proclamation.
Joe Nemmers ’73, Chair of the Board of Directors, received the first annual President's Outstanding Service Award during an appreciation dinner for Board members, donors and volunteers held in early June. The award recognizes individuals who have contributed to the Carmel Catholic community in ways which far exceed expectations or any generalities.
Carmel Catholic High School has been recognized as a "Project Lead The Way" Distinguished School. This recognition means that more than 20 percent of Carmel Catholic students have enrolled in an engineering course. Carmel Catholic is now among 23 high schools/districts in Illinois to have achieved this.
Time: 7 PM – 10 PM
Location: Crossroads 20915 Park Ave, Mundelein, IL 60060
Time: 12 PM – 4 PM
Location: Miller Park Milwaukee, WI
Time: 7 PM – 10 PM
Location: Mickey Finn's Amber Room 345 N Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville, IL 60048
Time: 6 PM – 10 PM
Location: North End Zone - Baker Stadium Carmel Catholic High School
Time: 10 AM – 1 PM
Location: John Barleycorn 3524 N. Clark Street Chicago, IL 60657
Spiritus Speaker Series: 'An Evening with Fr. John Kartje', Rector of Mundelein Seminary, Interviewed by Jason Huther, Principal
Time: 6:30 PM
Location: Black Box theater (enter door A or N)
Our School At A Glance
- Carmel Catholic Community Our welcoming and inclusive community spans nearly six decades and is made up of 1,150 students and more than 16,000 alumni.
- College Preparatory We offer a robust curriculum that prepares students to excel in college. Our College and Career Resource Center provides families with countless resources.
- Mission and Values Above All Building a sense of purpose in our students is at the heart of Carmel Catholic. Our faculty and staff empower students to become servant leaders.
- Embracing Our Catholic Identity We offer daily opportunities for prayer and reflection. Students share their talents with the community through our Christian Service Program.
- Four-Time Blue Ribbon Winner We are one of less than 10 schools nationwide to receive the prestigious Blue Ribbon School Award from the U.S. Department of Education four times.
- Students Are Involved The student experience is enhanced by countless activities both inside and outside the classroom, including fine arts, athletics, fundraisers and social events.