Students should expect to see a sizable new addition to the campus in the coming weeks. President Brad Bonham is eyeing a February completion date for a brand-new multicultural center.
Carmel Catholic High School Home
The Carmel Catholic Engineering Department is the proud recipient of a $10,000 grant from The Grainger Foundation. These funds are intended to support the advancement of the school’s engineering curriculum for the STEM program through the purchase of six laptop computers to run engineering-specific software.
The Carmel Catholic Fund helps bridge the gap of $1,205 per student between the actual cost of educating a Carmel Catholic student and the school's tuition revenue. That is why we need your support!
The Carmel Catholic High School entrance examination is offered to current 8th graders (2020-21 school year) who have not tested at any other Catholic high school within the Archdiocese of Chicago. Prospective students will complete the High School Placement Test (HSPT), the results of which will be used for admission to Carmel; initial course placement in math, science, and English; and merit scholarship consideration. CCHS is pleased to offer several online HSPT testing opportunities.
The Carmel Catholic Fine Arts Department presents the Fall Choral Sampler, featuring the Parkway Singers – "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" and Cadence – "Beautiful City."
Carmel Catholic welcomes Mrs. Andrea Fitzpatrick as the new Director of the 2050 Program/Multi-Cultural Center. Mrs. Fitzpatrick will be responsible for the mentorship and oversight of a newly-established student support system –– the 2050 Program –– specifically designed for underrepresented, low-income, and first-generation students, along with the school's new Multi-Cultural Center.
Carmel Catholic High School has officially unveiled its newly-built, $1 million fitness center that will serve a dual purpose: ensure that student-athletes have the best equipment and strength training available while providing all students with a fitness center worthy of a college campus.
Congratulations to three of our student-athletes, Annie Bart (Girls Volleyball, Binghamton University), Reagan Danner (Girls Lacrosse, Rockhurst University) and Hailie Swiatkowski (Softball, Austin College), as they move on to the next level in their respective sports.
Professional counseling services are available to Carmel Catholic students through our relationship with Youth & Family Counseling of Libertyville. YFC strives to make its services affordable for families from all walks of life and has partnered with Carmel Catholic to make sure that no student is denied care based on ability to pay.
On October 25, Pope Francis named 13 new cardinals, including Washington D.C. Archbishop Wilton Gregory — the first Black U.S. prelate. Archbishop Gregory taught at Carmel when he was a seminarian in the early 70s. The prayers of the Carmel Catholic community are with you, Cardinal Gregory!
Time: 1 PM
Location: Carmel Catholic High School
Time: 7 PM
Time: 10 AM
Time: 10 AM – 11 AM
Our School At A Glance
- Carmel Catholic Community Our welcoming and inclusive community spans nearly six decades and is made up of 1,150 students and more than 16,000 alumni.
- College Preparatory We offer a robust curriculum that prepares students to excel in college. Our College and Career Resource Center provides families with countless resources.
- Mission and Values Above All Building a sense of purpose in our students is at the heart of Carmel Catholic. Our faculty and staff empower students to become servant leaders.
- Embracing Our Catholic Identity We offer daily opportunities for prayer and reflection. Students share their talents with the community through our Christian Service Program.
- Four-Time Blue Ribbon Winner We are one of less than 10 schools nationwide to receive the prestigious Blue Ribbon School Award from the U.S. Department of Education four times.
- Students Are Involved The student experience is enhanced by countless activities both inside and outside the classroom, including fine arts, athletics, fundraisers and social events.