Here's your chance to win $5,000! Corsair Raffle tickets are currently on sale. Proceeds benefit CCHS scholarships.
Carmel Catholic High School Home
Carmel Catholic has expanded the scope of merit scholarships to recognize the top 10% of entrance exam scorers by providing four-year renewable scholarships.
Twenty Carmel Catholic students and four science teachers collected native plant seed at Canterbury Park, the field just on the other side of Baker Stadium. This new service project was led by Carmel Alumnus, Jonathan Happ '05, who works for the Libertyville Open Space district. Students learned about native prairie plants, how to collect seeds, as well as the fauna that live in the field. More than 10 pounds of native grass and prairie seed were collected, which will help with conservation efforts and save the township more than $1,000 in native seed costs.
Much congratulations to our boys golf team, who finished 4th at the IHSA 2A State Tournament on October 19. Clint Bailes '21 tied for ninth place.
Our girls varsity tennis team finished 2nd at sectionals in mid-October. First doubles pair, Reilly McGinn '21 and Emma Thomas '20, took fourth place and qualified for state! They will compete at the state tournament on October 25 and 26.
A total of six members of the Class of 2020 have earned the highest possible ACT composite score of 36. The students include Ainsley Dean '20, Benjamin Geoffroy '20, Madeline Kosobucki '20, Jason Hironimus '20, Mitchell Brown '20 and one other student who wishes to remain anonymous.
Congratulations to senior, Isabella Poma, who auditioned for and was selected as a member of the Illinois Chapter of the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) All-State Show Choir.
Four Carmel Catholic students are among the 16,000 Semifinalists announced in the 65th annual National Merit Scholarship Program. The students, who are all seniors, include Mitchell Brown, Ainsley Dean, Benjamin Geoffroy and Allen Mons.
Join us to be inspired, to grow in faith and to encounter Christ. All speaker events are free of charge, open to the public and held at Carmel Catholic High School. The series includes 'An Evening with Fr. John Kartje', Rector of Mundelein Seminary, Interviewed by Jason Huther, Principal of Carmel Catholic High School; 'Broken Mary' presented by renowned radio personality Kevin Matthews; Jen Kramer '88 and the 'Year of Love' Project; 'Open Line', Questions of the Faith with Mr. Mark Plaiss and CCHS Theology Faculty.
Fr. Radley Alcantara, Associate Pastor at St. Anastasia Parish in Waukegan and Fr. Christian Shiu, Associate Pastor at St. Gilbert Parish in Grayslake will begin serving at Carmel in early September. They will each be on campus to minister to students as well as adults on a part-time basis. Both are excited to be a part of the community!
Time: 9 AM – 11:30 AM
Location: Enter at Main Entrance.
Time: 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Location: Brandsma Chapel
Time: 8 AM – 12 PM
Time: 6 PM – 8 PM
Location: Fine Arts Hallway, Black Box Theater
Time: 7 PM – 10 PM
Location: Auditorium (door G)
Our School At A Glance
- Carmel Catholic Community Our welcoming and inclusive community spans nearly six decades and is made up of 1,150 students and more than 16,000 alumni.
- College Preparatory We offer a robust curriculum that prepares students to excel in college. Our College and Career Resource Center provides families with countless resources.
- Mission and Values Above All Building a sense of purpose in our students is at the heart of Carmel Catholic. Our faculty and staff empower students to become servant leaders.
- Embracing Our Catholic Identity We offer daily opportunities for prayer and reflection. Students share their talents with the community through our Christian Service Program.
- Four-Time Blue Ribbon Winner We are one of less than 10 schools nationwide to receive the prestigious Blue Ribbon School Award from the U.S. Department of Education four times.
- Students Are Involved The student experience is enhanced by countless activities both inside and outside the classroom, including fine arts, athletics, fundraisers and social events.