Purpose of Carmel Catholic High School’s Social Media Sites:
Carmel Catholic High School (“School”) has established social media sites primarily in order to inform parents, students, faculty/staff and alumni about programs and events (including those sponsored by other organizations), and to share materials to encourage dialogue and the exchange of information and knowledge between site visitors and the School about these programs, events and materials. The School’s social media sites will be used to:
- Increase awareness and understanding of the School.
- Provide additional ways of disseminating important information more quickly and efficiently.
- Direct parents, students, faculty/staff and alumni to other resources where additional information can be found.
- Notify the general public of School employment opportunities and opportunities with local Carmel-affiliated employers.
- Engage stakeholders in new ways to encourage two-way communication.
- “School” shall mean Carmel Catholic High School.
- “Posting” shall mean any writing, image, video, download, audio file, and hyperlinks to other websites or media which is downloaded, referenced, inserted or placed upon any School social media site.
- “Social media site” shall include any online forum/site, web application or account created and/or maintained by the School or its agents, which permits users to communicate with other users through postings, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs and chat rooms.
The School is not responsible or liable for the content of postings by third parties on any School sponsored social media site, and postings do not reflect the opinions or positions of Carmel Catholic High School.
Waiver of Liability:
The School assumes no liability for damage incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions or discrepancies. The School is not responsible for any content not posted by the Administrators, and does not endorse any website or advertisement linked on the sites.
Terms of Service:
School social media sites are third party sites and have terms of service and policies that are not governed by the School. These third party sites are not official School sites and the third party’s website terms of service and policies apply. The terms of service for the social media sites primarily used by Carmel Catholic High School can be found below:
Links from websites or social media channels affiliated with any other websites do not constitute or imply agency endorsement of those sites, their content or products and services associated with those sites.
You should have no expectation of privacy in postings on School sponsored social media sites, and by utilizing these sites, you consent to the School’s right to access, monitor and read any postings on the sites. If requested, the School must disclose public records to third party requestors unless certain exemptions apply.
By posting on the School’s social media sites, you give the School permission to use your name, profile picture, and the content of any posting you make without compensation to you or liability on the part of the School. This permission ends when you delete your posting.
The purpose of the School’s social media sites is to inform parents, students, faculty/staff and alumni about School programs, events (including those sponsored by other organizations) and materials, and to encourage dialogue and the exchange of information and knowledge between users about these programs, events and materials. Accordingly, any postings inconsistent with this stated purpose, as determined by the School in its sole discretion, may be removed in accordance with the process set forth in this policy. Examples of postings not permitted include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Postings which contain obscene matter
- Disparaging, harassing, abusive, profane or offensive postings
- Postings that are hateful, threatening, pornographic or contain graphic or gratuitous violence
- Potentially libelous or defamatory postings
- Postings which contain privileged, proprietary or confidential information about any person, business or entity
- Postings which violate or potentially violate local, state or federal laws, including, without limitation, intellectual property and copyright laws
- Postings which discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, handicap, age, sexual orientation, creed or ancestry
- Postings which are sexually harassing, including, without limitation, epithets, slurs, negative stereotyping, sexual rumors that show hostility toward individuals based on gender, derogatory comments about individuals’ body or appearance, unwelcome sexual compliments, innuendos, suggestions or jokes
- Postings which promote alcoholic beverages, cigarettes or other tobacco products, or any illegal product, service or activity
- Postings which support or oppose any labor organization or any action by, on behalf of or against any labor organization
- Postings which support or oppose the nomination or election of a candidate for public office, the investigation, prosecution or recall of a public official, or the passage of a levy or bond issue
Violations of this Policy:
Postings which the School in its sole discretion, deems unpermitted under this policy, may be removed in whole or in part by the School or its Administrators immediately upon discovery by the School or its Administrators without notice. The School reserves the right to ban or block users who have posted in violation of this policy.
Users may report violations of the School’s social media site’s policies to the School by contacting the Administrators of Carmel Catholic High School’s social media sites by emailing email@example.com.
- School employees are not prohibited from posting on the School’s social media sites during their personal time outside of work. As an employee, you must be aware that information you display or comments you make on the School’s social medial sites may be viewed by other users as representing official School-sponsored information or comments.
- Unless you are specifically asked to do so, you are not authorized to speak on behalf of the School. When sharing information about the School or your area of expertise, please make it clear that you are offering your own opinions.
- Never reveal information that is covered by the non-disclosure agreement that you signed before accepting employment at Carmel Catholic High School. In addition, never disclose information that has not already been made public by the School. This includes, but is not limited to, financial data, staffing changes, etc.
- At all times, be respectful of the School as well as its employees, students, parents, vendors and competitors. Remember that you are ultimately responsible for your online behavior and should avoid content or actions that are defamatory, pornographic, proprietary, harassing, libelous or threatening. You can be sued by individuals affected by such content.
By joining, utilizing and/or posting on the School’s social media sites, you agree to comply with this Policy.
To access a printable copy of this policy, click here.