Giving to Carmel Catholic High School makes you eligible for certain tax incentives including federal deductions for most gifts. This information is provided for educational purposes only. Please consult your own attorney, accountant or financial advisor for advice on your situation.
Federal Tax Deductions
Contributions to Carmel Catholic High School are deductible as charitable contributions within the limits of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Cash Gifts
- Deductible up to 50 percent of adjusted gross income
- Carryover applied within five years
- Personal Property
- Gifts-in-kind are deductible at the full fair-market value, if they are related to the mission of the school.
- Gifts of Appreciated Property
- Gifts of appreciated property (securities and real estate) held for more than one year are deductible up to 30 percent of adjusted gross income with no capital gains tax on the appreciation. The deduction is based on the fair market value of the donated property.
- Gifts of appreciated property held for less than one year are deductible only up to the cost basis in the property, with a limit of 50 percent of adjusted gross income.