Entrance Exam Scholarships
A $1,500 award is given to 8th grade students who score in the 99th percentile locally on the Carmel Catholic Entrance Exam and a $750 award is given to 8th grade students who score in the 98th percentile locally on the Entrance Exam. In order to be eligible for the Entrance Exam Scholarship, students must take the exam at Carmel Catholic High School on the official Archdiocesan Testing Day and students must complete Carmel Catholic's application and registration process.
Parish Offered Scholarships
Several of Carmel Catholic’s “feeder school” parishes award annual partial scholarships to incoming freshmen. The administration of each scholarship is unique. For additional information, please contact the individual parish. These scholarships include:
- St. Joseph Parish Scholarship: a partial scholarship awarded annually to one male and one female incoming freshman from St. Joseph’s School in Libertyville.
- The Gorman Sullivan, O Carm. Memorial Scholarship: a scholarship given to a registered member of St. Mary of Vernon Parish in Indian Creek. The parish Men’s Club administers the application process for the award and the Carmel Catholic Scholarship Committee selects the recipient.
Carmel Catholic High School’s Scholarship Program offers two scholarships for underrepresented students who have been accepted at Carmel Catholic High School as incoming freshmen. These include:
- Mary Frances Clarke, BVM Scholarship: a $1,500* one-time award funded by the Sisters of Charity, BVM in gratitude to their Foundress.
- Titus Brandsma Carmelite Scholarship: a $1,500* one-time award funded by the Carmelite Order.
- Applicant must take the Entrance Exam at Carmel Catholic on the scheduled date.
- Student must register for classes by date specified on application.
- Student must belong to one of the following groups: Native American, Asian, African-American, or Hispanic.
- Student must fulfill all fundraising requirements.
- Student must demonstrate financial need by completing the FACTS Grant & Aid Application.
- The student's application form, recommendation form, report card, and photograph must be submitted by the application deadline.
* Note: the amount of scholarship money offered each year varies.
The Quigley Scholars Program awards $2,500 annually to boys attending a Catholic High School who are discerning a call to the priesthood. The program includes formation sessions at St. Mary of the Lake Seminary in Mundelein. Click here for more information.