Strategic Plan | Goal Area 6 | Governance and Advancement
Goal 1. Foster a pervasive culture of philanthropy by increasing the number of donors and dollars raised by 5% each by 2020.
- Objective 1.1 Increase alumni donor participation and donations by 20% by 2020.
- Objective 1.2. Develop a plan and goal for promoting and expanding planned gifts.
- Objective 1.3. Increase annual and endowed funds for scholarships and financial assistance to support enrollment management goals on an ongoing basis.
- Objective 1.4. Re-examine Street Scenes and Walkathon as the primary student-based fundraising efforts and make recommendations to the board of directors.
Goal 2. Begin plans for a capital campaign based on the campus master plan.
- Objective 2.1. Identify and prioritize the goals from the campus master plan and Catholic identity subcommittees.
- Objective 2.2. Develop plans for a feasibility study.
Goal 3. Review affordability of a Carmel Catholic education for all families and present a report to the board of directors.
- Objective 3.1. Review tuition pricing policies and financial assistance availability and present a report to the board of directors.
Goal 4. Review the staffing structure of the advancement department and report to the president.
- Objective 4.1. Assess the return-on-investment f hiring a full-time major gifts officer and report to the president.
Goal 5. Review Carmel Catholic's current depreciation investment policies and possibly revise to ensure that we can continue to fund campus needs.
- Objective 5.1. Review depreciation investment policies.
Goal 6. Revise Carmel Catholic's bylaws within one year of ad hoc committee and subject to corporate board approval.
- Objective 6.1. Review and rewrite bylaws to make the full document cohesive.
- Objective 6.2. Examine revised standards for becoming a member of the board.
- Objective 6.3. Examine revised standards for remaining a member of the board.
- Objective 6.4. Examine terms of more than one year for board officers.
Goal 7. Develop succession plans for board of directors and key school administrative staff to be considered at the board meeting.
- Objective 7.1. Develop a board succession plan.
- Objective 7.2. Develop succession plans for the roles of president, principal, business manager, director of OIA, admissions director, building engineer, and marketing director.