This section of the strategic plan addresses two areas of culture and communications: (1) between faculty and staff, and (2) between parents/students and the school. This plan calls for an annual review of the student handbook, rules, policies, and enforcement procedures as well as annual training for faculty and staff. An internal communication plan to be developed will create consistent and predictable ways in which important information is conveyed to parents and students.
Culture, Personnel, and Internal Communications Goals
- Create and implement a comprehensive internal communications plan.
- Create a committee to identify and institute a review process for faculty, staff, administration, and part-time staff that is consistent with best practices, our mission, and the needs of the student population.
- Annually review school policies and procedures for faculty/staff and students to ensure relevance, clarity, and consistent enforcement.
- Develop a comprehensive program to strengthen the faculty/staff community.
- Develop a plan to increase diversity among faculty/staff and ensure commitment to mission in new hires.
- Develop a comprehensive program to educate students and faculty/staff about mental wellness.