ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL FOR STUDENT SERVICES
Mrs. Jaime White
The school counseling department at Carmel Catholic High School is dedicated to developing a supportive program which promotes student achievement within the Carmel community. Our school counseling department is driven by student data and based on standards in academic, career and personal/social development to promote and enhance the learning process for our students. Carmel’s school counseling program is a collaborative effort between the student, school counselor, parents and other educators to create an environment that promotes student success. School counselors focus their skills, time and energy on direct and indirect services to their students by identifying individual student goals aligned with Carmel’s mission and spiritual growth. School counselors help students develop the knowledge, attitudes and skills necessary for future plans involving college graduation and career readiness.
Mr. Bob Covek
Mr. Paul Emerson
Mrs. Christine Hartnett
Ms. Taylor Nickols
Mr. John Ryan
Mrs. Lynnea Heinrichs
- To view an ACT preparation guide by Simon Test Prep, click here.
COLLEGE AND CAREER COUNSELING
The College and Career Resource Center assists students and parents in the college planning and selection process. The center is committed to helping Carmel Catholic students prepare to further their education.
Services provided include:
- Access to online information, as well as catalogs and brochures from colleges and universities
- Evening meetings for parents and students throughout the year
- Direction regarding college choices, application procedures and financial aid information
- Group instruction related to admission procedures
- Individual assistance with college applications, essays, letters of recommendation, scholarships and financial aid
COLLEGE AND CAREER COUNSELOR
Mr. Brian Hendricks
- To visit our official College and Career Center website, click here.
- Click here to access the Class of 2017 College Planning Guide.
- COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVES: Thank you for your interest in visiting Carmel Catholic. To book your visit online, click here.
The school social worker at Carmel Catholic High School is a trained mental health professional who provides supportive services in helping students achieve academic and social success. Our social worker supports our students’ social/emotional functioning through individual and group counseling, mental health intervention and crisis intervention. Additionally, the social worker is a link between home, school and community in providing services to students, families and school personnel.
Mrs. Elizabeth Carlson
SERNA LEARNING RESOURCE CENTER
The Carlos J. Serna Learning Resource Center was established in 2009 to support the students of Carmel Catholic High School with disabilities that effect educational performance. An active formalized plan includes an Individual Services Plan (ISP) or Section 504 Accommodation Plan. Supportive services may include classroom and/or testing accommodations within the general education setting. Additionally, students who need a more supportive environment may take the Learning Resource Seminar class. Within this class, individualized goals are identified and progress is monitored regularly while being provided specialized instruction within a resource setting and given accommodations within the general education setting. Goals target the student’s specific skills deficits of academic functioning in the areas of reading, math and writing and/or functional performance.
LEARNING RESOURCE TEACHERS
Mr. Ryan Hornung
Mrs. Kari Kalscheur
Mr. Thomas Saleh